Tuesday, June 28, 2016

God Line


With static blocking my “God Line” (especially related to social security), today I decide to inch forward, heading to the closest office, an hour away, in a rough city. Picking through the inner city streets, trusting GPS, I hear sirens, and receive a speeding ticket – seems the city speed limit is 25. I find the building in the middle of “the projects,” looking like a fort, complete with barbed wire fenced parking lot. I sit in the parking lot, waiting for the static to clear, watching the interesting people come and go; and I just can’t face going in. By now, I am so rattled, I get lost several times trying to get out of there. The worst part - my stomach is so flippy, I can’t eat gelato. However, that does not deter me from buying (along with some adult beverage). So, I have concluded that the answer, at least for today is, “Wait – for ss and gelato.”