Friday, June 5, 2020

Weekly Tip #5

The Benefits Of Nature: Being exposed to nature, inside or out, as well as viewing nature, will reduce anger, fear, and stress, while increasing pleasant feelings. That is to say, your emotional and physical wellbeing improves, blood pressure lowers, muscles loose tension and fewer stress hormones are produced.  

A Difficult Day.....My Internal StruggleI've been able to turn my experiences into humorous posts and I intended to share a great story about trying to attract hummingbirds with my visual disability and physical limitations.

But today, I just cannot seem to find much humor. So, I will leave you with a little Hope (my word for the year) and then share some thoughts that will offend many. Fortunately, the many do not know of my existence. 



A dragonfly carries silver dust upon its wings to soften our hearts when hope fades.

It reminds us to love,

Prompts us to forgive,

Inspires us to grow,

And restores joy to our souls. 




Now, I know the dragonfly, rainbow, owl, butterfly, lily, oak tree, etc. etc. have "bad" connotations for different groups of people. I am going to enjoy whatever I want to in nature that God, Yah, The Most High, Supreme Being, etc. created for us to enjoy. 

I will use whatever color I want. When I hear that an on-line knitting group is being torn apart because somebody knitted green socks, it's not humorous. Tolerance has become "I will only tolerate you if you, not only believe, but say I am right." I did find one conversation where people of all different views actually started listening to each other without shutting down their minds. [Disclaimer: I am not promoting the host or any one individual]



Relevant to this weeks occurrences, I will not bow down to anybody; I stake my life on it. I will not feel guilty for something that I didn't do. I have done enough things that have caused true guilt. We are individuals who make individual decisions. When we devolve to judging collectively other collections of people.... well, you see the results. This does not shut down listening to someone who has a grievance, as long as there is open mindedness and willingness to change ones opinion. 

....Hope returns as I finally have a hair appointment today (after eye surgery I could not bend backwards and then the virus thing). And, I will share my humming bird story. Apparently the birds have visual problems also as big birds are landing on my hummingbird feeder.