Sunday, July 10, 2016

Bermuda Retirement


Not the vacation destination, not the perfect length shorts, but the life disrupting triangle variety. This is not the way I planned it. Promised a full-time on-line teaching position by switching departments, I once again mistakenly trusted mankind & you can guess the rest – maybe not. I cut back to adjunct & moved to help my brother with his businesses & to help with our mom. When she took a turn for the worse, I fully retired. Very anti-climactic – not at all what I had envisioned. Since nobody (except my bosom buddy cousin) noticed, I gave myself a retirement party complete with cards, flowers, cake, hallmark motivational book. I have been extremely busy my whole life & now I need to do something (in addition to caretaking family members), but have not figured out what that something is. And thus, this blog is titled “CJ Static: in which my current ‘stalled status’ is explored.”