Wednesday, August 3, 2016

SS #4 & The Tortoise


In the continuing saga of signing up for social security, I give up trying to do it on-line & call. A very nice lady explains that the credit bureaus can’t find me & therefore they can’t verify my address & therefore I can’t set up an account. While it’s nice to be incognito, it has become apparent that I need this income, so we proceeded. (Applying for benefits is another section of the website). After multiple attempts, I get back to my application & after 30 minutes or so of looping & cycling through, figure out I should push “No, Return to Application,” but I have been selecting “Yes, Save & Exit.” It’s embarrassing because not only do I design and build web sites, I am a certified on-line course developer and instructor & have done so for many years. I have been paying bills on-line for four decades; I have been arguing with computers since the early 80’s. And worst of all, once again I am back in school of all levels, messing up tests & licensing exams - the foibles of too fast visual processing in which one skips important details. Today I shall remember that the Tortoise wins the race.