Tuesday, September 6, 2016

DETOUR

This page will turn into my progress report until I am back walking with just my own two feet!

Brief recap: While out walking Friday, "I fell and couldn't get up." After a trip to the emergency room, it became apparent I needed surgery on my broken leg. Saturday surgery. Sunday & Monday recovering & gaining strength. I am able to get to the bathroom - more humanizing  than the "portable toilet" by my bed (they take those catheters out quickly) & I made it down the hallway & back (with a walker), albeit only past 3 rooms - but I'll take it.

Which brings us to today, Tuesday. Today I am to be released to the rehab floor. Quick progress they say. And the very best news - I had that all important bowel function they all seem fascinated with. 

Some fun issues: apparently pain meds make my blood pressure drop (first in my family to have low BP :), but it looks like they have found a Rx that is keeping me in the OK range. Drugs are amazing - when used for correct purposes.

Family members have brought me essentials & other pleasant things & I guess they will have to bring me more because my favorite shorts got cut off :). 

Thanks for all your prayers and support - stay tuned.